Red Ribbon Club was introduced in the College in 2009. The Club is associated with various awareness activities.
- Educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV/AIDS/STI/sexuality and other related issues (thus eliminate myths and misconceptions).
- Enable youth, especially the female students, to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
- Sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of PLWHA and instill in them the spirit of helping and supporting the people living with HIV & AIDS (PLWHA) and reduce the stigma and discrimination against them.
- Increase youths’ access to health care services related to STI / HIV/AIDS/drug use.
- Create linkages between youth and governmental, non - governmental agencies and CBOs to access safer and responsible healthy behavior.
- Organize and facilitate voluntary blood donation camps and mobilize the youth for voluntary blood donation.
- Create among the youth a cadre of peer educators for seeking and encouraging positive health behavior as well as ensuring sustainability of the club.